Beer-Brined Buffalo Wings
- 20 min Prep Time
- Total Time1 hr 25 min
- 12 Servings
Brining brings out the succulence of poultry, and this quick-brine of salt, beer and brown sugar will intensify the taste of these spicy wings. To make them truly authentic, serve with ranch dressing and crisp celery stalks.
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 bottle (12 oz) beer
2 lb chicken wings (12)
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup red pepper sauce
- 1 – Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- 2 – In large bowl, beat brown sugar, salt and beer with whisk. Add chicken wings; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes to brine.
- 3 – In large resealabe food-storage plastic bag, mix onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Drain chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Discard brine. Add chicken to bag; toss until evenly coated. Place chicken on cookie sheet.
- 4- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter. Stir in pepper sauce. Heat to a simmer. Pour mixture over wings
- 5- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (165°F). If desired, shake extra pepper sauce over wings after baking.
- Enjoy! Have a Good Fathers Day